The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Activity Check #6

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:47 am

All right, for this Activity Check, you just have to say hello and then answer the following 3 questions:

1) Do you want to switch characters?

2) Should each person (if they are active and can keep up with it) be allowed more than one character?

3) Would the addition of a NPC (non-playable character) be helpful to move plots or a good idea in general? (this has been in my mind for ages, and would require a lot more admin activity than anything else)

Remember, the Check ends EST on Sunday, so get your responses in before then or else your account will be deleted!

CHECKED IN:
- Kiku/Japan
- Leon/Aussie
- Lili/Liechtenstein
- Toris/Lithuania
- William/New Zealand
- Feliks/Poland
- Yao/China
- Francis/France

Last edited by Kiku Honda on Sun May 27, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/
Lili Zwingli

Lili Zwingli

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:42 am

I'll bookmark this site so I'll hopefully be around more often.

1. That depends... What characters are avaible?

2. Sure, if they're, as you said, active and keep up with it.

3. I have nothing against it.
Back to top Go down
Lietuviškai

Lietuviškai

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Yes, I'm here.

1. No

2. Sounds legit. I personally wouldn't take more than one, but if there is someone who wants to so long as they don't take ALL the characters should be awesome.

3. I dunno about this one kiku. It seems like kindda surreal to have npcs. I'm not even too sure what kinds of things you would do besides like random environment control. I do see myself doing with someone who is not a character.

Maybe instead of deleting everything you should just make a new forum. Advertise it through social networks so we can get new people and junk. Just an idea
Back to top Go down
http://nonoising.tumblr.com
William Anderson

William Anderson

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 3:28 pm

1. No.

2. If they stay active, yes.

3. I don't mind NPCs.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 4:29 pm

We did consider having a NPC as a judge in the Pokemon world, since we thought of implementing the dice roll in order to determine damage, status changes, etc.

Another idea I was thinking of (and would put to vote) was to create a Piccardy/Mr. Newspaper account, and that account would be the one you receive plot updates from or major changes from, instead of a 'character' Admin.

There are also other sites who use the 'Admin' account (though we can't here, we'd have to make a new one) to be teachers in Harry Potter, or townspeople/other minor characters that are occasionally necessary to balance out a cast of characters. I think it would be a good idea to go over this in a new thread once the activity check is over. If people change their minds then, that's also fine with me ^_^

And to clarify, nothing major is going to be deleted. Old activity checks are going away, since they are taking up space and are old/unnecessary. The old rules are going as well once the new ones are reworked, etc. As far as RPs and profiles, those are simply getting moved. If anyone has objections to those things, then they will have a chance to protect things once the check is over.

(I'm also talking to Feliks about maybe drawing us up some unique icons to use for our topics/categories, but that's still under discussion)
Back to top Go down

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:21 am

I'm here~!

1) I'd like to if I'd be allowed to keep being Feliks as well, and if the other character I have in mind is available.

2) I don't see why not as long as people are active.

3) I think it's a great idea to have an NPC/admin account, and I've seen it work to great effect on other roleplay forums.
Back to top Go down
Wang Yao

Wang Yao

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:20 am

Forgive my tardiness and inactiveness, but I am very much alive. I will also bookmark this page so it won't get forgotten. *bows deeply*

1) I would like to stay as Yao.

2) If a person is active enough, then I don't see a problem

3) NPCs would be a great idea as long as they can be kept up with.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:13 am

The NPCs would probably play minor roles, or be used to deliver information. So if you needed a messenger in a RP, you could call on the Piccardy/Mr. Newspaper to deliver it for you if no other character will do it. There would be limitations as to what these 'NPCs' can do, but if we needed 'enemies' for a RP, or a police force...something that we are vastly lacking, one NPC might act as a leader of the police force out for your arrest, or a rouge vampire...just whatever is needed for that RP to keep going without having the RPers step too far out of bounds.

Things will be better defined when I can stay awake to do it XD But you're in Yao <3
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:58 am

Talked to Francis via IM and she is willing to stick around too. She's in need of a new laptop, so her posts/responses might be slow, but she's going to stay with us *happy dances*
Back to top Go down

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:00 am

Going to add that I'm in a bit of an RPing hiatus due to uni. Which the semester will finish soon. And hopefully I'll have a new laptop before then anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:03 am

No worries Francis <3 There will be random changes to things, such as the rules and other things. Just pop into the forum whenever you have time to check on what's going on.

(Whyyyy is fate cruel? Why do we have opposite schedules? *sobs*)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Activity Check #6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activity Check #6   Activity Check #6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activity Check #6
Page 1 of 1