The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Important Rules about Powers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

Important Rules about Powers Empty
PostSubject: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 am

This is something that needs to be known... and was asked to be brought up by certain players.
There can NOT be duplicate powers! No person can have the same main ability as another... no two can be pyros, ice people, regeneraters... The only powers that can be duplicated are things like flying and other such things.
If you have a question about what can be duplicated and what can not be, post that here.

If you know the X-men universe, you can choose a character and take their powers.... but only if someone else has not taken them, and you can not be an exact copy of that character.

Last edited by Feliks £ukasiewicz on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://theworldscollide.friendhood.net

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:52 am

So, like, my strength could be duplicated but my sonic voice couldn't, is that right?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Admin
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Basically, that's right. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://theworldscollide.friendhood.net
Lovino Vargas

Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:37 am

What about the ability to steal powers from other mutants, except the powers are weakened, and it's only temporary? (potential for power chaos ~)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:13 am

I'd poke people in the chat about it. I think it'll work like Arthur's power to split other people (not the part where he splits himself). It would only work if the other person is okay with it (so you'd have to do planning outside of the thread ^^). The temporary/weakened powers state makes it not so god-moddish, so I personally don't see a problem with it~

I'd also add that though you might be able to steal powers, you might not necessarily be adept at controlling them (hence if someone is not okay with you stealing their powers, you could simply say that their powers were too difficult to control or something plottish like that?)...or just because some people are more developed than others, if that's making any sense ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/
Lovino Vargas

Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:16 am

Hmm...Actually, I was thinking it would work like Rogue's ability with only the power-stealing part, but then again, Rogue was pretty much a Sue...

I didn't think about it until now, but now that I think about it, shitty control over both stolen and original powers would be a good idea, and bring down my/Lovi's ability more down to earth. I was also thinking that I/Lovi would be someone who would actually ask someone what their power was to get a better grip on what I/he's dealing with, so the thing about getting people's consent would be semi-addressed (He would give back the power almost instantly if they ask him nicely enough anyway...or scare him)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 am

Don't know if this would help any, but since you mentioned something like Rogue's powers I just thought I'd butt in to bring this up.

Ignoring the inconsistancy of how long she had to touch someone to knock out their conscienceness, there are times she's touched someone very quickly and that person would still have their powers. It seemed like in those moments she was only stealing a portion of their powers since she wasn't holding on long enough to drain all of it. If you're worried about too many people not letting you use Lovi's abilities, maybe this might help? I don't think you'd need to ask then if you're just stealing a portion but it's not enough to take all of the target's abilities.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Lovi, you're awesome...just saying <3

I'd say if you end up being neutral/on your own, you're more likely to have crap control of stolen powers. You could also have instances where you accidentally take a portion of a power and exhibit signs (i.e. if you accidentally ended up taking some of Kiku's power, you'd hear the plants chattering in your head and some might even start trying to touch your hand...which is always a strange experience XD)

If you end up at Xaviors or in the Brotherhood, you might have better control of it...but the asking (or more likely the scaring) factor would make it harder for it to seem like you do? (if this is making sense...I'm still tired XD)

I don't see you having too many people say no, since the steal is more like a 'borrow' and it's not permanent anyway.

You'd still have to ask. It's like saying NZ or Arthur don't have to ask to swap/split someone's gender because it's not permanent, in a way there Francis ^^; (But I don't think Lovi will have the problem of 'I don't LIKE playing the opposite gender' like NZ or Arthur XD)

((And...why did I just imagine Lovi stealing Nightcrawler's ability, sort of failing to use it all properly, and ending up stuck in a wall somewhere? *shot*))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:41 am

That's kind of different. That would affect the other RPer. But I was saying if Lovi stole power depending on how long he was holding on, if a slight touch only takes a "tiny bit" that the original owner still had all of their abilities, then Lovi wouldn't be affecting the other RPer in any way. In this situation, you wouldn't need consent. Sure, there'd still need to be consent for full blown out stealing someone else's powers, but at least it gives Lovi some options in case he's in a fight with someone who he knows won't be okay with the power stealing and there's just no way to ask "consent" when Lovi's desperate to do something to avoid being beaten up.

Of course this would probably not make it so powerful and it may fade away after a few minutes. Or something else Lovi may decide that it would make a longer touch more desirable.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:53 am

Yeah...I was under the impression Lovi was leaning more towards the power-stealing (more like borrowing) part, which sorta hints that the other person won't temporarily have that power.

It's really up to Lovi here (wherever Lovi went...*goes off to find*) Since Lovi's kinda hinting at digging for information in the RP (aka, semi-addressing the thing)...*bonks self on head to try to become more coherent*

I think what's going on in your head is fine Lovi ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:01 am

It's under the same thing. It's just when she said she was thinking of an ability like a character in the series, she does sometimes "not steal enough" for there to not be noticable effects on the original owner of the power, if that makes sense?

Although it's pretty inconsistant, even in the series...

But yeah, I was just bringing it up in case it'd help with the issue of "I can't steal that person's powers because they already said no, but in this situation Lovi would so... WHAT CAN I DO?!"

Just thought of an analogy: It's like if someone had a million dollars, and you stole one dollar off them. Yes, you had stole SOMETHING, but that person is never going to notice because one dollar out of a million is an insignificant amount.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:06 am

You always make perfect sense Francis...my brain often muddles things up though x.x

Yeah, I was a bit confused there x.x

I'll end up making this more...elaborate...as soon as it merges with the rules (not this specific question about powers...but outlining the rules about powers a little better ^^)
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:00 am

Yeah, I was thinking along the line of stealing-instead-of-borrowing part (where the "victim" is left as a "normal" person after Lovi/I touch them. Of course, the power goes back to the "vicitim" after without Lovi/me touching them again)

This was what I was thinking of what would happen in an RP (He's neutral/on his own, though it's subject to change)

Meets other Person on street coincidentally (Implying that they have never met before)
V
Danger comes (Working on it)
V
Other person gets a rather rude wake-up call on what Lovi's/my ability is when he/I uses it accidently. Probably followed by a FAIL and Lovi/me giving back "victim" his/her power
V
Hasn't thought what would happen after that Razz
(And sorry about taking a long time to reply, made a ordering mistake w/ doujinshis and had to write an apology to the artist and clarify what happened. Who knew it would be so awkward to type in Japanese and make sure I was being polite to the right degree? I'm even sweating a little bit...)

Last edited by Lovino Vargas on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:03 am

...I am soooo tempted to steal you away for that one...just because...Lovi talking to plants would be so amusing. XD

YOUR TOMATOES WOULD TALK TO YOOOOOU O_O

I'm also neutral-with-the-potential-for-change...so know where you're coming from ^^
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:06 am

I was thinking that he would have joined if he had appeared on the radar earlier. He hadn't for a long time since his ability only affects mutants, and since he doesn't meet mutants on the street often... -w-

(That talking to tomatoes thing...I will have to fit that in somewhere *rubs palms together* *starts laughing maniacally*)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:13 am

...Now I am so tempted to watch "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"...because it just fits the idea of Lovino telling tomatoes to attack people oh so well (that's an oooold movie XD)

I'm not very alert at the moment...but if you'd like we could plot out something at some point. Since Kiku's neutral, it would make sense that every so often, he'd wander out of his flowershop...so they could meet. And if Lovi's observant he might catch a plant leaning oddly towards them both as they talk, or Kiku muttering to the air (or looking tense as they walk into a park or something) XD
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 am

Actually, I was thinking of typing up Lovi's profile and then start RP-ing him by going over to Kiku's shop to buy a flower for a date or something (Seeing how you opened up a thread for open RP-ing in Kiku's flower shop) I have to go soon anyway, so I'll be sure to type up a profile the next time I get Internet back at the airport tomorrow (I'm going back to good old Alfredland....Nooo, I will be back Kikuland~ Don't worry~ D:)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:25 am

Sure~! Feel free to jump in on any of the Open RP threads at any time~ (I like creating them...so I seem to have a habit of at least one obscure one in some random location in the verses)

Aww, yay to coming back to Alfredland...though I'm sure Kikuland is wonderful and you'll miss it D: (And...that making no sense means...bedtime for meeee~)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Rules about Powers   Important Rules about Powers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important Rules about Powers
Page 1 of 1